I love the Run and Shoot offense. In high school, I would tell my friends I was grounded and couldn’t go to parties because I wanted to stay home and watch June Jones’ Hawaii team sling the ball around. When Google took off - yeah I’m old - I found the old John Jenkins ’84 Gamblers QB manual and read every single page.
Then I found the mother load. The 90’s Mouse Davis DVDs and watched those religiously.
I love the simplicity of the offense. The Run and Shoot poem:
- He dropping, I stopping
- He even, I’m leaving
- He cross me, I cross him
That’s why I’m so excited to talk ball with Coach Wayne Anderson. Coach Anderson learned the Run and Shoot from Mouse Davis. He learned Go, Choice, Hook, the Seam Read, and everything else from the legend himself.
And now you are going to learn it as well.
You’ll learn from this episode:
- Why you need to run 60-Z Go when in trouble.
- How to teach the Seam Read
- Why the Hurry Up Offense + the Run and Shoot = Unlimited Points
- How to learn the Run and Shoot Offense
- Why you need to watch Mouse Davis DVDs every day.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Buy my Pin and Pull eBook
- Buy my Simplifying the Air Raid Quick Game video
- Get a free eBook on Air Raid Drills.
- Get a free eBook on The One-Back Power RPO.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- Grab a free audiobook from Amazon. [Affilate Link].
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes and Sticher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read every single one.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and Sticher.