Many coaches hate the 3-4 defense. They hate how the defense can match up evenly with the Spread. They hate how the 3-4 can disguise their blitzes – seeming to bring guys from all over the field. They hate how the slanting of the defensive line throws off their blocking schemes and messes with their offensive linemens’ heads.
I used to be that way as well. I would stay up at night, wondering what the hell I was going to do against a 3-4 defense. How was I going to score points on them? How was I going to figure out which linebacker they brought on the blitz? How was I going to outwit the defensive coordinator and score points?
But I don’t do that anymore.
Because I know how to ATTACK the 3-4 defense. And in today’s episode of Talking Football with Coach McKie, I talk about THREE ways to Attack the 3-4 defense.
You’ll learn from this episode:
- Why using a tight end pisses off defensive coordinators.
- How to get the outside linebacker to be the dive read on inside zone.
- What you need to do to gain an extra gap in the run game.
- How to attack the weak side outside linebacker.
- What you need to do to create a RPO on the corner.
- Why motion will save you from blitzing 3-4 defenses.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Buy my Pin and Pull eBook
- Buy my Simplifying the Air Raid Quick Game video
- Get a free eBook on Air Raid Drills.
- Get a free eBook on The One-Back Power RPO.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- Grab a free audiobook from Amazon. [Affilate Link].
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes and Sticher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read every single one.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and Sticher.