Football isn’t a hard game.
Sure there is some strategy to the sport – plays to call, formations to get into, situations to master – but that’s about it.
So why do we, as football coaches, act like it is so difficult?
That we HAVE to have every play known to football inside our playbook?
Why don’t we just keep it simple and do simple better?
That’s the question Coach Joe Salas asked himself…
….and it’s what help his offense become EXPLOSIVE.
In today’s episode of Talking Football with Coach McKie, we talk with Coach Joe Salas about his “Do Simple Better” Method.
You’ll learn from this episode:
- What his favorite Air Raid Concept is
- How it was like working for Hal Mumme
- Why Gap schemes are better than Inside Zone
- Why you need to tag your vertical concept
- How we need to win back football
- How tempo works at small schools
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Buy My Simplified Air Raid Book
- Buy my Pin and Pull eBook
- Buy my Simplifying the Air Raid Quick Game video
- Get a free eBook on Air Raid Drills.
- Get a free eBook on The One-Back Power RPO.
- Follow me on Instagram.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- Grab a free audiobook from Amazon. [Affilate Link].
- Football Coaching Podcast
- Become a Ron McKie Football Member
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes and Sticher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read every single one.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and Sticher.