How many Spread quick game concepts do you have in your playbook? 5? 10? 15? Do your kids know how to run every Spread quick game concept to perfection? Do you call each Spread quick game concept multiple times throughout the game?
I’m willing to bet the answer to those questions are no. So why do you keep the Spread quick game concepts in your playbook?
In today’s episode of Talking Football with Coach McKie, I make the argument on why you should get rid of your Spread quick game concepts and replace them with the Pin and Pull RPO.
(Note: I know you think I’m freaking nuts. But at least least to the podcast before sending me hate mail.)
You’ll learn from this episode:
- Three reasons why I hate the Spread Quick Game Concept.
- Why I say “Happy Offensive Linemen = Happy Offense”
- Why coaches need to trust their quarterbacks more.
- How eliminating the Spread Quick Game Concept helps your players get better.
- Why players will play harder when you call the Pin and Pull RPO.
- How I respond to the coaches who are going to send me hate mail.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes and Sticher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read every single one.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and Sticher.