What’s the first passing concept that comes into your mind when you hear Air Raid Offense? If it isn’t the Air Raid Mesh concept then you aren’t a true Air Raider. The Mesh concept is the most famous Air Raid Concept in the offense. It’s also one of the most misunderstood.
Don’t worry. I’m here to help you understand the concept. How? By going over ways to practice the Air Raid Mesh Concept.
See, most coaches don’t know how to practice the Mesh Concept. They rep it once, maybe covering it on the board, then throw their players out onto the field, excepting them to know how to run it.
But that’s not good enough. You need to structure your practice in a way such that you are repping the Air Raid Mesh Concept throughout the entire practice. That’s what we are going to be talking about in this episode of Talking Football with Coach McKie.
You’ll learn from this episode:
- Why you should run the Settle Up & Noose drill regardless of your offensive philosophy.
- How to drill the Air Raid Mesh Concept through Routes on Air drill.
- Why you need to only practice a small portion of your Mesh Concept each day.
- Why you need to call the Mesh concept in Team.
- The number one reason why your wide receivers need to run the Settle Up & Noose drill.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Buy my Pin and Pull eBook
- Buy my Simplifying the Air Raid Quick Game video
- Get a free eBook on Air Raid Drills.
- Get a free eBook on The One-Back Power RPO.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- Grab a free audiobook from Amazon. [Affilate Link].
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes and Sticher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read every single one.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and Sticher.