Do you have a Tight End but don’t know how to use him in the Spread Offense? Do you want to use him in the Inside Zone Scheme, but don’t know what to do with him? Do you want to know which Air Raid passing concept would be the best for him?
Because in today’s episode of Talking Football with Coach McKie, I talk about how to use the Tight End in the Spread Offense.
The Tight End is a position that is underutilized in the Spread Offense. Why? Defenses don’t see a tight end that much unless they are going up against a Double-Tight Wing-T offense.
So why not use that to your advantage?
So put that lanky wide receiver down in a three-point stance and watch how the defense totally forgets about him.
Trust me. They will.
You’ll learn from this episode:
- Learn what the best Air Raid concept works best for your Tight End.
- What’s the best RPO to run with your Tight End? Hint: It isn’t the one you’re thinking about.
- What the Art Briles tree does to guarantee one on one coverage for their wide receivers.
- How to use the defenses ‘thumbprint’ against them.
- Why you are still considered Spread even if you use a Tight End.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Sign up for my newsletter on my website.
- Get a free eBook on Air Raid Drills.
- Get a free eBook on The One-Back Power RPO.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes and Sticher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read every single one.
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and Sticher.